Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Book 117: Everyday Tapas | Fresh Salmon in Mojo Sauce

by Parragon Books



This was not only easy and delicious, but it's healthy to boot! What more can one ask for?


Salmon is my favorite fish, and this was a nice change from the ordinary. Normally we bake or grill it with a little olive oil, smoked salt, and some pepper.

As I mentioned above, this is healthy. The sauce has no cream, butter or mayonnaise. It is made up of olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, and white wine vinegar, processed in a food processor (easy part - no mincing of the garlic). If you have a choice between a small or large food processor, use the small! I was not paying attention to the volume of ingredients, and there really was not enough for the large bowl to get it all thoroughly mixed. I had to finish the sauce by hand.


When you purchase your salmon, ask your fish monger to skin and debone it for you. This will save time and less mess to clean-up later.

The fish is cut in half widthwise, and then again lengthwise in three-quarters of an inch pieces, and sprinkled with some salt and pepper. The fish is cooked for about ten minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish) in a frying pan with three tablespoons of oil, until the fish is cooked through and browned on both sides.

Serve the fish drizzled with some of the mojo sauce, and place the remaining sauce in a small bowl to accompany the fish - it's really good - you will want more than just a drizzle.


Click here for the recipe.


4 comments:

  1. Salmon is my favorite, too, and I am always looking for new and fun ways to serve it. Not only does this sound good and healthy, but very simple, too! I really want to do more tapas cooking, so I will check out this book.

    P.S. Ever sice I started reading your posts, I have been afraid to count how many cookbooks I have, not including the ones on order... I think the number could be frightening.... :)

    Have a great weekend! ~ David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were oh so easy, David! And fun to boot. There will always be a book or two on order - so this project will never end for me. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks and sound fantastic. I just happen to have salmon in the freezer - and all the other ingredients too. I've never made Mojo sauce but it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! The sauce really is wonderful. I hope you get a chance to make it, and enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Would love to hear from you - feel free to comment.